Prevent Phosphorus Wastage
Pre-Hibrix farmers apply 30 – 100 kg of phosphorus to the soil. What most don’t realize is that only 15% goes into the plant. The remaining 85% goes into the soil, much of it ends up in our lakes and rivers. Not only is this wasteful it is expensive.
Scientist and industry leaders agree we are headed for a phosphorus crisis. The human population is growing and world phosphorus reserves are not renewable of replaceable. Once they are gone – they are gone.
We need to produce more food with less phosphorus.